Thursday 1 January 2009

Rich


Many people consider themselves rich in monetary terms.

From the recent credit crisis of 2008, many of these monetarily rich people may not have maintained their level of 'rich-ness'.

Of course there are others like myself who view rich = experience.

Be it bad or good, we continuously experience life. A friend recently asked what the meaning of life is and what our role in life is.

I used to think that I am the variable in a set of equations, e.g. X + 1 = Y, where Y and 1 will remain constant - thus being able to predict my 'future' or path in which I will be moving towards.

Years later I found out the hard way that I wasn't the only variable, but Y and 1 were also variables and I could not possibly predict what the future would be. Which also means that I can say for sure what our roles in life are.

So, what I could say was that we are all variables in life, so why be so fussed about our role? Why not just enjoy the ride and experience and become rich in this way?

No comments: