Tuesday 26 August 2008

"With Great Power comes great responsibilities..."



... as Peter Parker once said. This saying has never weighed more on my mind than ever before.

With more education and more real life experience, expectations of life start to slowly creep into my schedules.

I must admit that I have led a colourful life so far, almost achieving most of the things I had never dreamt of before, but as one cyclist put it to me, " What goes down, must come up" - implying that whatever downhill exhilaration that we encounter, there is bound to be a taxing uphill task sooner or later.

Sometimes when you have reached a certain achievement, there is much more to lose in life and this makes you wish that you never exceeded expectations so far and that life could have been much more simpler had we stayed status quo.

But then again as I always state, what is the point of living if we don't strive to improve.

Like our Andersonian motto - I think life should be "Usaha Hingga Jaya"...

No comments: