Wednesday 23 September 2009

Tour of Britain


This was one race that was not as feverishly followed as the Tour de France, I was onsite from 7.30am to make sure that everything was in place on my part.

After the Prostate Cancer ride at 10am, I had some time off to take my lunch and walk about Trafalgar Square.

I arrived back at my position just in time to receive the various teams arrival. When Team Katusha arrived I clapped my hands up high, applauding the previous days victory by Ben Swift. It was only appropriate

Met team Agritubel's Christophe Laurent before the race - he went to take a photo with the Horses Guard - WITH HIS BIKE!

My prized possession for the day - one bottle from Team Katusha, as one of the team members was standing beside me giving out bidon's to Ben Swift and Filippo Pozzato, so he decided to give me one of the extra bidon's as they left. *smile*

Organisation was quite a mess, as organisers were giving out orders in too many directions (too many parties involved) e.g. Army told me not to open up barriers for anyone, but then ambulance tells me that if an emergency occurs, then i would have to open the barriers for them. Then the people collecting all the steel barriers told me that immediately after the event, they would have to go onsite to dismantle things... who was I supposed to listen to?

One of the highlights was watching the horses guard, all throughout the day. had 'little ben' chiming away every hours, couple of seconds before big ben chimed!

*image courtesy of the Glasgow Ivy Cycling Club

No comments: