Sunday 19 October 2008

"Good Night, don't let the bed bugs bite"...


... I used to think this saying was so cute. In my mind there were images of cuddly cartoony images of insects known as bed bugs. That was until I was almost eaten alive by a bunch* of bed bugs.

From my experience, here are some words of advice:

1. Throw away the quilt
2. Throw away the pillows
3. Throw away the bed sheets and pillow covers
4. Throw away the mattress (if you are feeling rich)
5. Buy a new set of everything above.
6. Use repellant on all possible places in your room to ensure the bed bugs are stunned or die.
7. Vacuum the whole room to make sure you get every possibility of a reproduction out of the way.

If these seven steps don't work, I guess we would have to call in the professionals to make sure there is no repeat of being eaten alive.

In the meantime, I will continue my daily ritual of applying sudocream on all my bites to sooth the itch and the pain.

Oh, and some piriton to make sure I don't scratch the itch in the middle of the night.

"Good night, don't let the bed bugs bite!"

*Bunch = based on the 50+ bites I had on my hands, legs, feet, ears and neck respectively

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol so funny this post... now i am worried

/pekingsan