Friday 14 March 2008

If you don't sit down properly, the Boogeyman will come and get you!




One common term I've been hearing quite a bit is the nanny in my house saying to the 3 year old kid that if he doesn't comply to whatever she has just asked him to do, I would be coming in to rattle him. Me? Good old and fatty B? And what army?


Now, it got me thinking, what would the psychological impact be on the kid? No doubt I'm on pretty good terms with him (as I think I am with most), but then would this sayings get ingrained into that small mind that whenever he hears my name, fear strikes him first...


Well, I guess all parents or people bringing kids up don't want to be the bad person, so they always take a third party as an example to scare their kids. I remember as a kid my aunts used to either use the threat of policemen patrolling the area, or the drunken man down the road as example of people who would rattle me if I didn't listen to them.


Whatever it is, I hope Luke Yi won't remember me as the bad drunken man or strict policeman living downstairs... Ah, the bliss in seeing small ones grow up

No comments: